Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Why? Because I Said So.

Yes, the veteran is peeved. Given, I stay peeved these days, but I can typically handle it. There was something tonight that just pissed me off though. There are certain rules of etiquette that go along with blogging. I want to create more traffic and maybe get myself a few cross-links on the way, so I use links2blogs. I wouldn't mind making a few dollars extra (this veteran is dirt poor), so I have a couple of ads (only targeted ones, and one for Firefox, 'cause it kicks ass). Is this within reason? So far as I know, yes. And it's all ON MY OWN BLOG. What I saw tonight was this guy who runs Gobbleblog blatantly wasting server space by creating a second blog with only one post JUST TO LINK TO HIS REAL BLOG. It's stupid, it's wasted space, and it's almost like a popup-ad. Do you build a fake Wal-Mart just to put a sign in the window that says, "Visit Wal-Mart at 1200 E. Main Street"? Seriously, man, if you're having trouble with traffic, there are better ways. You're just going to piss people off. I'm not going to post a link and encourage this guy, but the 'adblog' is called "The Rape of Lady Liberty", and it will show up on links2blogs occasionally. Watch out for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I would much rather go to a fake Walmart than the real thing, far less crowded.

I see you use pop-up ads, very "traditional."

BTW...Thanks for not mentioning "Gobbleblog" in your rant.

10/26/2006 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home