Sunday, February 27, 2005

An Admirable Article by Pat Buchanan

It is a given that this veteran has not always been a huge fan of conservative pundit Pat Buchanan, but an article he recently wrote for The American Conservative is changing my mind. Buchanan speaks with a clarity rarely found in today's mainstream media and assertively addresses the President's democratic (?) jihad. He cites overarching Wilsonian interventionism as a basis for the administration's mighty war to bring democracy to nations that are not yet ready for it. Buchanan brings a heartfelt and yet stern warning to the Bush administration and the citizens of America. I now laud this man, whom I formerly did not truly respect, for his patriotism and his honesty. Patrick Buchanan, with this article you have shown yourself to be a true American.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you can't respect someone unless they agree with your worldview? Very interesting...

---Nation of Dean

2/27/2005 7:21 PM  
Blogger Mad Mod said...

Nah, it's not so much that. Buchanan has had a history of supporting the neocons, but he's also had a slightly dubious career as one of Nixon's head speechwriters, among other things. If I offended you, I'm sorry, but that's just the way I felt about him.

Leaving that aside, THANK YOU. Comments, even negative ones, are what drive me to keep writing. NoD, I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!

2/27/2005 7:35 PM  
Blogger Harold/AQ said...

I don't know if I can go quite so far as to become a fan... I read the article and, I think he's pretty much hit the nail on the head... but he's still Pat Buchanan and even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Semper Fi

2/28/2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger Mad Mod said...

Oohrah, devil. And you're right; this one instance won't necessarily erase his past. However, I'm an optimist (a damnable trait), and I think it might be a pretty good start.

2/28/2005 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You love me now Mod? Be careful. Next time you're in that voting booth you may have to fight your arm from instinctually pulling the lever with the big (R) next to it:-) BTW, it's my theory Pat "Bukkake" Buchanan "sold out" his views just to sell his latest book. Opposition pays well. Look at all those anti-Hillary books...

---Nation of (non Pat Bukkake fans) Dean

3/01/2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Mad Mod said...

Dude, you're crazy as shit.. but still cool. I'll try to restrain my arm, unless a good moderate repub runs (we've had several of those). Don't forget, Teddy R. was a repub when he was elected.

3/02/2005 3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home